KNEE HOCKEY TOURNAMENT RULES AND INFORMATIONNews | 3/28/2012 4:06:18 PM | ROCHESTER AMERICANS
The inaugural Amerks Knee Hockey Tournament is set to take place this Saturday (March 31) at The Blue Cross Arena beginning at noon. Below is a complete guide with all the information participants will need to know
CHECK IN: Doors open at 11:30pm outside of The Riverside Room
CLICK HERE FOR TEAM DIVISIONS (updated)
CLICK HERE FOR TEAM SCHEDULES (updated)
2. Teams must be at their "rink" 5 minutes before their scheduled game time.
3. Teams that are late for their start time will forfeit that game. 3a. A forfeit will result in a 1-0 score toward a potential tiebreaker.
4. Participating teams will play a minimum of 3 games.
5. After round robin play, if teams are tied they will go to a tiebreaker format. (see tiebreakers below)
6. Sticks are not to be raised higher than the participant’s waist level.
7. Each team is allowed a maximum of four participants on its active roster and playing at any one time.
8. Participants must remain on their knees at all times during play.
9. Two (2) points will be awarded for a win, One (1) point for a tie, and 0 for a loss.
10. Any ball leaving the playing area will result in a change of possession.
11. Any penalty may result in a penalty shot.
12. Fighting and/or any form of verbal abuse towards officials, opponents and spectators WILL NOT be tolerated and WILL result in ejection from the tournament. This rule applies to players, spectators, coaches, and/or any other attendees.
13. Enforcement of these rules will be at the officials' discretion.
TIE-BREAKER: If teams are tied following round robin play
2. Head to Head (most goals scored against each other)
3. Goal % (GF+GA)/GF from round robin games only
4. First Goal scored in head to head game